Working Production Manager (m/w/d)
For our subsidiary in USA, California
PETER / LACKE is a customer-oriented, medium-sized group of companies with more than 100 years of cross-sector experience in the development and production of high-quality coating for the segments automotive, lifestyle and glass. Our success is based on direct and professional communication with the customer and global networking with our own subsidiaries and partners in many countries.
The Working Production Manager will work in the production department and oversee, delegate and assist with the plans, goals and objectives of the manufacturing department. The Working Production will support the shipping & receiving needs of the facility to ensure smooth operations and accomplish the customer requirements. The Working Production Manager will possess both hands-on and leadership experience in all aspects of paints and coatings manufacturing process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the manufacturing of quality paint in the most safe and efficient manner to fulfill all our customer/customer needs.
- Operate manufacturing department to meet or exceed company goals and requirements
- Direct managing responsibility for all Production Team members. Main responsibilities are to lead and train production team members in compliance with company protocol.
- Operate manufacturing department to meet or exceed company goals and requirements.
- Cleaning of equipment such as wash tanks, production equipment, valves and general plant and floor maintenance.
- Understanding raw material coding system and raw material storage locations.
- Understanding general batch ticket use, instructions and in-process checks, weighing of raw materials, proper use of scales.
- Understanding the proper use of general manufacturing related equipment including mixers, material handling equipment, tanks, pumps and valves, and filtration.
- Understanding of documentation; filling out batch tickets and formula revision forms.
- Understanding how to calculate weight to gallons and gallons to weight.
- Responsible for handling hazardous and flammable materials in a safe working environment.
- Responsible for making, sampling, printing labels, product packaging, and adjusting batches according to the batch tickets.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to rules and regulations pertaining to Safety (OSHA) and other Federal Guidelines for working with and handling hazardous materials.
- Responsible for stopping production process in order to correct a quality problem.
- Promotes and uses the elements of the companies’ quality system by being familiar with its philosophy and disciplines. This position as with all positions in the company has the responsibility and authority to prevent the occurrence or reoccurrence of product non-conformity.
- Monitor and organize disposal of waste materials
- Carry out periodic inventory of materials on a schedule set by our parent company
- Other tasks as assigned
- Minimum of (2) years of experience in all aspects of chemical manufacturing with.
- Experience in a team leader or supervisory role with tasks including manufacturing oversight, delegation, and communicating with senior level managers, advantageous.
- Exhibit broad general knowledge of coatings and paint technology & industry-related regulatory requirements.
- Possess a general understanding of (automotive) specifications and material approval processes.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft programs such as Excel, Word and Office applications.
- Ability to lead production team through daily tasks and orders.
- Knowledge of principles and methods of chemical manufacturing
- Good organizational skills and habits. Ability to manage time to meet commitments, deadlines, and customer schedules.
- Proactive problem-solving skills and able to present oneself in a professional manner.
- Ability to comprehend basic math calculations, understands the calculation of weights and measurements, and interprets data from various estimates.
- Maintains a valid Operator/Driver’s License and Passport.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.